lundi 23 juillet 2012

Why wellness?

I was asked recently why I had such a passion for wellness and healthy living.  My interest in nutrition started many years ago when at 42 or so I was told I had high cholesterol. I still vividly remember hanging up the phone after the call from my doctor and feeling that my body had let me down.  I immediately started researching what I could do to lower my cholesterol numbers.  I soon learned that high cholesterol can be familial and as such, not easy to lower.  However, I started using the Heart and Stroke Foundation Cookbook and within 3 months, I lowered my numbers by 15% - my doctor was quite impressed.  Two years ago, I realized, after being dairy free for 4 days that I had less knee pain - while I have knee osteoarthritis (had one knee replacement surgery last January), less milk resulted in less pain.  A year ago I stopped eating meat - any kind of meat and again my cholesterol took a dip once more.

I firmly believe what science says: our lifestyle makes a huge difference in our health and I continue to make certain I do everyting I can - most of the time - to ensure that I continue to live a healthy life in spite of chronic health issues.

Next time, I will tell you more about myself and my interest in wellness and healthy living.

Marguerite Tennier, M.A.
Life Coach Canada
Wellness Coaching for Women
Fearless Living Coach for Women

http://www.canadas-coach.com
http://www.eftottawa.com